Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Surf 'N Turf


I just wanted to brag about the awesome gourmet Valentine's dinner I threw together in about 30 minutes. And all this with two toddlers in the house. I think I should start a FoodTV cooking show called 30-Minute Meal with 2 Toddlers on Your Back. The menu consisted of succulent filet mignon, tender and sweet scallops with a drizzle of miso sauce (which our younger daughter kept referring to as chicken), and potato galette. If you ever want fresh tender steaks and seafood, look no further than Costco. The only problem is that I now have 3 extra steaks. We ended with chocolate-covered strawberries, which I make every Valentine's, in memory of the very first Valentine's Joe and I celebrated together as boyfriend/girlfriend. Even from the beginning he knew me well - instead of a dozen roses, he bought me a dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries. Joe, you had me at "chocolate dipped."

No comments: