Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Twenty

This is a tough list inspired by my sister Cha. I just love lists and would write in list form all the time, if it were acceptable.

  1. When I was young... I smiled at everyone who looked my way and although I was so shy I secretly wanted to be the class clown.
  2. Although I love... cooking, I can't stand all the cleaning involved after it's done. I really need a sous chef to follow me around.
  3. If I had the time... I would read a lot more. Just finished Memoirs of a Geisha. Not my usual genre of reading, but I found it riveting and really opened my view of Geisha and even the Japanese culture. Of course, I will have to check out the movie this winter.
  4. I almost... considered marrying the wrong guy at the age of 21. As strong as I would like to think I am, it would have drastically changed who I am forever.
  5. Contrary to the belief here in the Xangaworld... what's Xanga?
  6. I LIVE to... watch my children laugh and have deep conversations with my husband after the kids are down (pillowtalk).
  7. I think it all started... when I met Erin in jr. high. She and I both shared a love for reading good poetry and writing deep, sorrowful poetry. My love of writing blossomed from then. I once wrote an essay about my experiences as a Korean-American and my struggle to meld the 2 cultures. It was something I wrote just for myself to get my feelings out, but one day I came to church and people were complimenting me on my "story". I had no idea what they were talking about until I opened the church's annual publication and saw a full page printed with my very private essay. DAD!!!! That was probably my first official blog.
  8. I immersed myself in... studying everything under the sun. And where has it gotten me? A love and appreciation for so many things, but still no job title.
  9. As some of you know... I like to savor a good beer. That was the saddest part of being pregnant/nursing, back to back. From Fall 2001 to Spring of this year I had barely a few sips of beer. Now, if there's ever an opportunity to have a beer, I take it.
  10. Although I... appear to be very calm and relaxed on the outside, I have a lot of deeper tumultuous thoughts and concerns that don't come out unless you probe me or unless you read my blog. My husband is big on probing and that's why we work.
  11. Besides home... there is only mom & dad's and maybe the Ritz in Maui.
  12. Although I love... my house to be clean, I get so caught up in the details of organizing that I can't ever complete the task or I get too overwhelmed with getting everything perfect.
  13. I LOVE... my family and friends and spending time with them. I also love making pottery, taking scenic hikes, finding good bargains, savoring good food (especially a good piece of sushi), sitting in a cozy nook and reading, knitting, making paper crafts, gardening and fixing things around the house, but I only have 24 hours in a day.
  14. I actually LOVE... chopping vegetables. As a result I have pretty impressive knife skills. My weapon of choice: Santoku.
  15. An overwhelming desire to do the right thing ... helps me be a better person, but also hinders me from moving on from my past mistakes.
  16. My favorite books in the Bible are... Psalms, Proverbs and Romans.
  17. Perhaps it's due to... my mom's impatience when asked too many questions, but I go through life making way too many assumptions and not asking enough questions.
  18. I was once... a skater (board not roller), listened to punk and had hair like Robert Smith (of the Cure). I was very proud of the back because I shaved it myself and the rest hung over the top like a mop. I remember when I first debuted my do, my mom got so furious and now I can see why. What was I thinking??!?!
  19. I know... I am far from being perfect, but I automatically expect perfection from everything I do.
  20. I am currently learning... who I am. Since I am not that in touch with my own emotions and thoughts, I discover a lot about myself as I am writing. It's strange but I'm reading new things about myself at the same time you are.

1 comment:

ChaEsq said...

1. I will be your sous chef. You know I love to wash dishes!
2. I had to laugh when I read "my husband is big on probing." Please! Keep it to yo'self! =P