Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ten

Thanks, Tim for the inspiration. Here are 10 people I'd like to meet (assuming they are still alive):

  1. Kim Jong Il - I wonder what makes a dictator like him tick?
  2. Martha Stewart - I know she's not loved by many, but now that she's out of prison she's tougher and craftier than ever.
  3. The person who standardized paper's measurements at 8.5 X 11. Why 8.5 X 11? Did you ever notice that other countries have different standard paper sizes, which always weirds me out. Now and forever my ability to write is hindered whenever the paper is not some proportion of 8.5 X 11.
  4. The person who develops and perfects ice cream flavors for Double Rainbow. Oh so good and oh so perfect. That has to be the best job on the planet.
  5. The people who burglarized our last home, so I can give them an earful about what I had to go through to get my stupid Naturalization certificate replaced (my only proof of citizenship) with the most inefficient bureaucracy on the planet - the United States INS Dept, now under the control of another mega-bureaucracy, the Dept of Homeland Security.
  6. Arnold - Are you trying to run this state like one of your Terminator movies?
  7. The people from those tribes in Africa that perform dangerous rituals of female circumcision/mutilation on young girls and facial scarring of young babies as a rite of passage into a tribe. I guess it's ignorant for me to impose my Western beliefs on these people, but what they are doing from a public health standpoint is atrocious. It also makes me thank God everyday that I didn't grow up having to go through that.
  8. DeBeers, whoever you are - you are despicable. An example of capitalism with no conscience.
  9. The Google guys - you do so much to make my life so much easier. If you haven't already, you need to check out Google maps and Google earth. You can even see your own backyard!
  10. The inventor of the current disposable diaper with the velcro tabs - Bless you! It's my sliced bread.

No comments: