Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Reflections

This holiday has been a great opportunity for me to spend quality time with family and friends and even old friends I thought were long lost. I realized how much our children will need my love and support even when they are older and have their own families. Also, no matter how hard I try, our family, like all families, will somehow be dysfunctional in some way. I just have to accept it, try to teach my children how to overcome that dysfunction and hopefully they won't hate me for it later. I am still trying to resolve the dysfunction of my family so I don't inflict the same torture onto my kids (more on this at a later time). I decided old friends are too precious to just let go, especially the fun ones. I saw once again that God works in mysterious and wonderful ways to change the hearts of hard-hearted people. And right now I am basking in the love of a good friend, who to me is the sister I never had and always begged mom and dad to give me. I just have 4 more days to convince her that she lives on the wrong coast. It shouldn't be too hard, especially since she finally appreciates sushi.

No comments: