Friday, November 18, 2005

Being Thankful

As we approach the Thanksgiving Holiday, it's appropriate to talk about all the things that God has so generously provided.

10 things I'm grateful for that reveal my shallow worst:
  1. High speed internet
  2. Getting my family room remodeled by Kenneth Brown
  3. The Odyssey - corners like it's on rails yet rides like a limo
  4. Sippy cups and all the other kids' gadgets I get suckered into buying, but really make my life more manageable
  5. The assortment of readily available, cute girls' clothes everywhere I go (This would also make my list of 10 things I'm not grateful for)
  6. Maclaren double stroller - the best double stroller on the market (It corners like it's on rails yet rides like a limo)
  7. Costco - the free samples, the books, the toys, the produce, the appliances, every aisle.
  8. Friends that don't mind taking our kids off our hands so Joe and I can go out
  9. Technology. Without it I couldn't snap digital photos of our kids all day long, call nationwide unlimited (nights and weekends), shop without leaving the house, blog, and chat online with babes all day.
  10. Coupons - I don't truly feel like I'm getting a good deal unless I'm buying it with a coupon. I have been told before that I am a marketing person's dream come true.

10 things I'm genuinely grateful for:

  1. Having a husband that is fully devoted to our family and balances me out
  2. Our 2 sweet and funny girls
  3. An upbringing full of memories I can now laugh about, and that has made me who I am.
  4. Salvation and sanctification
  5. My health and strength and the continued health of those I love
  6. My parents and bro, who have pushed me to always be better and influenced my diabolical brain from the time of my impressionable youth.
  7. All the inspiration out there, everywhere I turn - it keeps my creative juices flowing
  8. Being home to experience my children and all their triumphs
  9. Our church and the family of believers we have there
  10. Girlfriends that get me, including Cha (who keeps feeding me these lists and always gives me something to read)

No comments: