Friday, March 10, 2006

Thirty nine things

Wow, it's been a while since I did a survey. I love lists. I think it's the math nerd in me needing to inject numbers to break up a page of words. Anyway, thanks, Cha. Enjoy.

  1. What is your full name now? Just call me Halle. I'd rather not use my full name, in case it is used for evil, such as marketing purposes. Darn telemarketers.
  2. What are you wearing right now? Jeans, powder blue sweater, black jacket vest
  3. What are you listening to now? Jack Johnson CD from the movie Curious George, which is my absolute favorite CD right now. It's a winner for adults and children.
  4. What was the last thing you ate? A spoonful of Double Rainbow ultra chocolate ice cream. It's my occasional indulgence.
  5. Do you wish on stars? Sort of. I say a little prayer whenever I see one. I'm a bit superstitious, which is why I can't get myself to take down the mezzuzah from our front door, even though I'm not Jewish.
  6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Crayola Sea Green.
  7. How is the weather right now? It's a bit overcast and brisk, because the air is saturated and ready to pour.
  8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Joe
  9. How old are you today? Thirty-one
  10. Favorite drink? Hot: chai tea with honey and milk. Cold: beer, preferably an ale. Which reminds me, I have a case of Shiner Bock in the fridge.
  11. Favorite sport? To participate: swimming. To watch: I'm not that into watching sports, unless it's live, then it could be almost anything, including log-rolling.
  12. Favorite hobby? Gardening, cooking, and crafts, much like Martha.
  13. Hair color? Black, like the night
  14. Siblings? 1 baby bro
  15. Favorite food? First is Korean (homecooked is best, but if not, then Chamsoogol). Thai and sushi are tied for second
  16. What was the last movie you watched? I think Garden State. Walk the Line is next up for this weekend.
  17. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving. I love Fall, getting together with family, praising God for all his blessings, and it's probably the only non-commercial holiday left.
  18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Legos.
  19. Summer or winter? Winter. I love to bundle up in layers, plus I hate heat and sweating.
  20. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who it's from. Kisses from my husband and kids. Hugs from everyone else.
  21. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate. The darkest bittersweet (Valrhona).
  22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Of course.
  23. When was the last time you cried? 3 nights ago, but just a little.
  24. What is under your bed? Storage bins with wrapping paper and ribbon, and a pair of tennis shoes just in case there's an earthquake.
  25. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Analisa, whom I've known since elementary.
  26. What did you do last night? Went to my first Plant Materials Identification class where I found out I will have a quiz or test every week and need to make flash cards so I can memorize hundreds of plant botanical names and their spelling. We will also take hikes every week to collect plant samples. It sounds tedious, but the horticultural nerd in me is so excited.
  27. Favorite smell? Johnson's softwash baby shampoo on my kids and Dove soap on my husband.
  28. Favorite TV show? Lost. I'm still trying to catch up with the first season, so I can start on the second.
  29. Happy in life? Most days.
  30. What are you afraid of? Not being a good mother and wife. Not leading a productive and effective life for God.
  31. Butter or salted? Salt
  32. Favorite car? I love both our children (our A4 and our Odyssey) equally. Dream car: A6.
  33. Favorite flower? Orchids - each variety is so unique. Lily of the valley is also another favorite. Freesias are my favorite scented flowers. It's so hard to choose when you're a plant lover.
  34. Number of keys on your key ring? 5 keys and 2 remotes
  35. How many years at your current job? 3.5 at being a SAHM
  36. Favorite day of the week? Saturday. I like to party, party.
  37. What did you do on your last birthday? Joe took me to a jazz supper club, just the two of us.
  38. How many towns have you lived in? Seven.
  39. Do you make friends easily? Not really. I'm very shy and it can take me years to get past the acquaintance stage with most people. I am very selective in my choice of friends, which is why I have a small number of really close friends. So, my friends are a group I like to call "the privileged elite."

No comments: