Sunday, July 16, 2006

ME MEME MEME

I'm so delinquent in my writing these days. With birthday parties (our own and others') to plan and attend and the mommy bus hitting the road ever hour, there is little time for me to reflect on my life these days. As a parent, it feels like almost all my free time is spent thinking about/worrying about/planning my children's activities/schooling/future. That's why I'm thankful for my good friend CHA today, because without her I would have nothing of interest to share with you. Here's just want I needed, a new meme to start off the week.

What is your favorite word? Verdant (I also love saying the country names Cote d'Ivoire and Azerbaijan)

What is your least favorite word? Good. I use it way too often to describe my feelings, my day, my experiences. It's the first thing that jumps out of my mouth before I even give myself a chance to think. It's like an involuntary response and it's not good.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Delving into the Bible. Creatively, I would have to say good music. Emotionally, writing draws out thoughts and feelings I never knew existed.

What turns you off? Conflict. It's literally turns me off, as in total brain shutdown. I attribute this to my birthorder (being first born and raised as an only child during the majority of my childhood, until my brother came along 7 years later) and genetics (I come from a long line of conflict avoiders).

What is your favorite curse word? A$$ It's impossible for me to say without getting my whole face into it. Mine has a sort of slow Southern drawl when it comes out. Previously, I used to use "Bitch" a little too frequently. But it was always meant with the deepest respect and was only used on those I loved.

What sound or noise do you love? My children's singing. String instruments, particularly violin and cello. A simple trio will even move me to tears.

What sound or noise do you hate? Nagging. If you want something from me, just ask me nicely. Also, the sound of kids screaming. You would think I'm used to it by now, but it's still the thing that drives me insane.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Pastry chef

What profession would you not like to do? 1) Housekeeper/maid/janitor, 2) Telemarketer, 3) Pedicurist, 4) Proctologist, 5)Mortician, 6) Reptile handler, 7) Exterminator. Other than that, I wouldn't mind just about any other job.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Well done, my good and faithful servant.

No comments: