Tuesday, December 13, 2005

An enigma

Every time I see trailers for Brokeback Mountain I am puzzled. I don't foresee a lot of heterosexual men going to see this, at least not together. They're also eliminating a large majority of the population, because children will not be seeing it. And I'm not sure I know too many women who are interested in seeing it (cowboy movies don't generally appeal to chicks, even without the boy-on-boy action). Are there really that many gay men out there? I think I'd like to see it, but does anyone want to go see it with me?.... ... ... .. Oh well, I may have to wait for the DVD to come out. Am I missing something? I thought the way movies make money is to appeal to mass audiences. Perhaps it's like that bet Cha made with me to use the phrase rubber vagina in my blog, but instead the wager here is for the challenger to incorporate two gay cowboy lovers in a major motion picture. Someone just got paid. Big time.

No comments: