Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ladies' Night, Oh What a Night


I just got back from going out with 9 other ladies from church. Sounds deceptively tame and innocent, doesn't it? We went to our favorite seedy bar in K-town, but our excuse was the chicken wings (that's the excuse guys give when they say they want to go to Hooters). Did you know that until recently I never had tong-ddak (Korean version of fried chicken)? And there is a whole other menu of Korean foods exclusively created as "bar food" and intended for consumption with alcohol. Gotta hand it to the Koreans - they know how to party AND feed you right. So, after a night of laughing our heads off and eating to our heart's content, I'm still not tired. I think I'm too wired to sleep. Lemon soju - it's a good thing. After swapping funny honeymoon stories, dating stories, and every other odd topic under the sun, we sat back in awe. I should have taken a picture of the food before we completely devoured and tore it apart. Mmmm. Why is it that Korean bars have the BEST food? Now THAT is TRUE comfort food. Hmmm. My in-laws were wondering where they should take me for my birthday and I'm tempted to request a dinner at OB Bear. Would that be too inappropriate to ask my in-laws to take me to a bar? Thanks, ladies for all the entertainment and laughs. We must do it again.

No comments: