Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Books in my life

I've been tagged by Helen.

  1. One book that changed your life? The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Fadiman.
  2. One book you have read more than once? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  3. One book you would want on a desert island? The Bible. If I'm on a deserted island, you better believe that I'm going to be looking to God. Plus, the Bible is the one book that reveals something new every time you read it.
  4. One book that made you laugh? Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
  5. One book that made you cry? Still Life With Rice by Lee.
  6. One book you wish had been written? What I Should Do With My Life and How to Do It Without Failing and With Minimal Disappointment
  7. One book you wish had never been written? I don't think there's a single book that I've read that I haven't at least gleaned something from. Even poorly written or completely myopic writing teaches us something about humanity. The only book that comes to mind is this Venomous Animals book that I read when I was in elementary. It mostly consisted of life-sized, gruesome photos of venomous snakes and sea creatures. I still vividly remember the pictures and it haunts me today.
  8. One book you are currently reading? My Sister's Keeper by Picoult. It's our current book club selection.
  9. One book you have been meaning to read? There are so many. Next up are: In the Absence of the Sun (Lee) and Reading Lolita in Tehran (Nafisi)

By the way, totally a tangent, but I'm so happy that The Office won a much-deserved Emmy for Best Comedy.

No comments: