Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So Uncool

As I was reading my previous post about going to the mohgyoktahng (bath house) and thinking about this past weekend when we, along with some friends, enjoyed a bit of karaoke, I realized how I'm turning into my parents. I should have gotten the hint when I looked around the bath house and noticed the relative age of all the ladies there. And yes, I admit that it may not be the coolest thing in the world to own a karaoke machine with a library of over 3000 songs to choose from. In fact, as the adults were singing to our favorite tunes (all written before the birth of our children), our kids were pleading with us to stop singing or to get a chance themselves to sing something. I just had a flashback from my childhood of going to other Korean families' homes with my parents and dreading the incessant singing. For all that is decent and holy, please stop singing!

We are officially our parents and are officially not cool.

No comments: